Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Ancient Book of Sex and Science





USE TECHNOLOGY TO COLLECT THE WOMEN!

Here is the first piece that I've done for our next installment of the "Ancient Book" series. Our next book will be playing with the themes of Sex and Science. I'm hoping to weave a little story between all of my paintings again which was fun the last time around. As for this piece, well there's really not much to explain other than it's a giant cyclops robot operated by scientists collecting wild naked women on some unknown planet. I have to say I love the logic in Sci-Fi pulp. Anyways below I've included some rough sketches of the piece and some earlier thumbnails. Check out the blogs of Lou Romano, Scott Morse, and Don Shank for updates on their awesome artwork for the book.

10" x 15 1/2" Acrylic, Gouache, and Paper Cut-Out